Returning a faulty or incorrectly supplied item
Please note the below only applies to faulty items. If you have changed your mind or made a mistake and ordered an incorrect item and want to return it, please use the instructions under this link here
Step One: Process Your Return
Here's what you need to do:
- Log into your account from the My Account link located at the top right of our site. If you did not create an account on our website when ordering your item/s, please follow this link to create your account now.
- Once you're logged in, locate the link "Product Returns" on the left hand side which contains the history of your orders.
- Click on the "Request a Product Return" button and then select the order then fill in the request for the return explaining exactly what is the problem with the product.
- Once you have filled out the form, our returns department will review the request and then approve it.
If your item is faulty and you request the return within 30 days of your purchase you will then receive your FREE Australia Post label via email so that you don't have to pay for the return postage.
Strugling? Here is a step by step procedure.
Step Two: Your Item's Packaging
- PLEASE MAKE SURE the Return Authorisation Number is visible on the packaging or inside the packaging. If it is not visible, you may experience delays in your replacement/refund.
- It is important that the item is well packaged and protected against damage in transit. If the packaging is insufficient and the item is damaged during transit, we will refuse the replacement or refund.
- If there are any existing shipping labels, stickers, or other materials on the shipping box from previous shipments, please remove them.
- Attach your new return label to the shipping box.
- Find the Australia Post Location Nearest to You.
- Drop off your packaged item with the Shipping Label attached to your local Australia Post branch. Plese DO NOT DROP OFF the package to an Australia Post Box - the package must be dropped off over the counter at a local Post Office.
- Once you drop off your return at Australia Post, please allow 4-7 business days for your return to reach our warehouse.
Step Three: Some Conditions
- We will refund/replace items that are faulty however if the item shows any signs of abuse or misuse, or shows signs of it being used in any other way than it's intended purpose we will refuse the replacement and refund and you will need to cover the cost of the shipping both ways.
- Under the Australian Consumer law we are obligated to replace the item with a new item if the product is faulty. We are not obligated to refund you or upgrade you to a better or higher value product. If you request a higher value product as replacement, you will need to pay the difference in cost between the item replaced (as it costs at the time of replacement) and the item sent as a replacement.
- We have a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee, this means you may request a refund for a faulty product, but this will only be done during the first 30 days after purchase. After the 30 Day period, we will replace your item.
Questions? The Macfixit Australia Customer Team is here to help.